7 months locing

Monday, February 22, 2010
Whoop there it is! 7 months locing update. You know, I'm less erratic about my hair now. I re-twist every 3 or 4 weeks and I keep a simple hair maintenance routine where I only use Vitamin E oil with water as my conditioner/moisturizer, and tea tree shampoo. I still use Aloe vera gel to re-twist. I also brush my hair now.



My hair is getting more fuller and thicker now as you can see...



So I ran out of Aloe Vera gel and really needed to get my hair did and too lazy to go out to buy some more. So I had some creme wax lying around and said "ahhhh what the heck".

Ummm like ewwwww. Big mistake. Using creme wax makes my hair look lifeless and stife. Also big ALSO, it gives me dandruff, itchy scalp, and makes my hair smell terrible. I trashed that sh it...
Big NO NO to creme wax and anything with mineral oil and petroleum...


Ok so this lady loc sticking up in the picture below, is 'Souljah Gal'. Let me tell you something about her. She's always there to remind me to stand up for my rights. Whenever I'm in a stressful situation and afraid to speak up, she sticks up saying "Yo T! You know what time it is...you better say something!". I love her...

  


I used to call the loc in the center 'bashful', because she tucks in for some reason. I think she's getting out of her shell though...


  

This one is 'forest gump'. Let me tell you, she used to be all weird looking. Scraggily and her body tried to catch up with her. I even thought she was going to fall off one day because she had a bizarre shape. I wish I had a before pic to show y'all what I mean, but now she's evolving and getting more solid and unified...

  

I know that I may sound oh so strange, but yes I name some of my locs. They each express their individuality and have personalities of their own. Only loc wearers may understand what I mean...Any hoo, I know it's only been 7 months but I love my hair. As my hair evolves, I'm realizing that I am my hair. They go through similar moods and they're everything that I am, and emulates the stages that I've been through in life. Yes, I used to be 'forest gump', 'bashful', 'Ms. Magnetik', and 'why me' (that's why they reside in the back row), 'irie', 'cheerful', 'sunshine', and 'Souljah gal' are in the front row and are the characters that I am now becoming. Speaking my mind in a respectful way of course, and standing up for myself. I know some readers are saying "girl please, it's just hair" but I believe it's much deeper than that with locs...


 

0 comments: