Mmm, oOh

Friday, October 9, 2009


The 42 Laws of Maat


1. I honor virtue
2. I benefit without conflict
3. I am non-violent
4. I respect the property of others
5. I affirm that all life is sacred
6. I give offerings that are genuine and generous
7. I live in truth
8. I regard all altars as sacred
9. I speak the truth
10. I consume only my fair share
11. I speak words of good intent
12. I relate with understanding
13. I honor animals as sacred
14. I can be trusted
15. I care for the earth
16. I keep my own council
17. I speak positively of others
18. I remain in balance with my emotions
19. I am trustful in my relationships
20. I hold purity in high esteem
21. I spread joy
22. I do the best I can
23. I communicate with compassion
24. I listen to opposing opinions
25. I create harmony
26. I invoke laughter
27. I am open to love in various forms
28. I am forgiving
29. I am kind
30. I act respectfully of others
31. I am non-judgmental
32. I follow my inner guidance
33. I speak without disturbing others
34. I do good
35. I give blessings
36. I keep the waters pure
37. I speak with optimism
38. I praise divinity
39. I am humble
40. I achieve with integrity
41. I advance through my own abilities
42. I embrace the all


It is said that the Ten Commandment plagiarized the 42 Laws of Maat. When I was studying abroad in Costa Rica, I read the Mayan's creation story Popol Vuh, and was in awe. It's a replicated version of the Genesis. So funny how so many stories in the bible has striking parallels between the Egyptian and Meso-American literature. Also why is it that the Mayans and Egyptian and other scriptures are called myths and the bible is referred to ashistory?

Let it marinate for a sec...

0 comments: