My 2nd year loc-versary

Tuesday, July 19, 2011
Guess what y'all? Today is my second locversary *throws e-confetti*. Time surely flies! Wow. I didn't even take much pictures this month because I didn't realize July 19th was approaching so soon. I don't even know what to say. During this year's journey I had a slight thinning of the locs scare, no bueno, experimented with different products, and experimented with different styles. In regards to products, OMG. I fell in love with  Taliah Waajid Black Earth Products

Let me tell you. She is the truth. My hair never felt so lively before. I noticed that CVS carries a few of her products, but to find more of her collection it's best to go to a black hair store. If your hair needs some uplifting, some soul into it, I definitely recommend using Taliah Waajid or EO Products.
*Side note: These people do not, I repeat do NOT pay me to advertise for them. I'm simple a good Samaritan who loves to share time and money worthy products*

Anyway, EO which stands for essential oils is 100% organic and you can feel the difference in your hair. Very refreshing. I only use the Rosemary and Mint conditioner and it leaves my hair feeling soft, healthy, squeaky clean, and smelling good. I found it at TJ Maxx, and I've been using the same bottle for 5 months now.
I also use castor oil on my scalp and a little bit of "Nature's Blessing" pomade on my hair to keep it shiny.

Well. Like I said earlier, I didn't take a lot of pictures this time around. Been so busy preparing for the art festival in Philly and time seems to be super speedy this year. Gosh lol. Anyhow, I don't know what else to share other than pictures so enjoy!







P.S. I won't be doing monthly updates after this. I'll post different styles here and there but monthly. negative. I want to focus more on my art now and less on my loc journey so I figured to discontinue the monthly updates.
Anyway, I hope you check out the two products I've mentioned and stay inspired!

0 comments: