Latest art pieces

Thursday, October 14, 2010
"Hidden thoughts" is a rendition of one of my doodles.
                                            "Hidden Thoughts" Acrylic on canvas, 10x10


 Yep. I'm a chronic doodler. It's so serious that for years I've carried a notebook with me specifically for my doodlings. Heck in High School my Pre-Caculus teacher semi-embarassed me by showing my notebook to the whole class to poke fun of my doodles. Talk about invasion of privacy! Granted my doodles are super odd but whatever it shows that I'm thinking. I think.
Anywhoever, I wanted to share one of my doodles with the world and maybe encourage someone to continue doodling because it is an art in itself.

                                                   "untitled" Acrylic on 11x14 canvas




I struggled a lot with "untitled" to the point where I called my mentor for advice. Something about it made me feel uncomfortable. Initially I wanted it to be black and white. But I changed my mind midway and started adding colors to it. Now I regret (I shouldn't regret I know I know) that I did, because it would've been a completely different piece. I'm still not happy with it so I'm leaving it as "untitled" for now.  

                                                "Standard of Beauty?" Acrylic on 11x14 canvas




It's interesting to hear what people consider beautiful and I feel like it's important to ask yourself why certain things may seem beautiful or ugly to you.

When I was painting "(internalized) standard of beauty?" I intended on painting the hair brown, but a few friends of mine who were there watching the whole process, thought that blond hair would make the painting "fierce and pretty". So of course I wanted to add a message to get people to think about the stuff that we internalize in regards to beauty...


Drawing these pieces made me feel like I was going through puberty all over again. Watching and feeling my body go through some changes didn't sit well for me at all because I knew it meant I wasn't a child anymore.
Well, I felt that same awkwardness again and this time it's because my brain hasn't caught up with my transformation yet. I've been working on myself for awhile now, and I can say with confidence that I've changed drastically and doing these pieces made it apparent to me.

Anyway, I don't really have much to share today but I am selling the originals. Contact me if you want to know more details.




Stay Inspired :)

2 comments:

Amanda Trought said...

Hey there, hope your well. Great to look around your blog, very inspiring....'I'll be back'! Stay blessed.

Amanda
http://realityarts-creativity.blogspot.com

Tarra Lu said...

Thank you I appreciate that. I love your blog as well. Very inspiring. Don't be a stranger :)