9 months locing review

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I forgot to make a formal review of my 9 months locing experience. I've been so busy lately so this will be a quick one. So I've been having thoughts of combing out my locs. Not because I don't like them anymore, but because I'm a huge fan of afros.







The only reason why I haven't combed out my locs yet is because I constantly remind myself of how hard it was for me to take care of my fro. I hate combing my hair, I really do and that's why I decided to loc my hair. I just thought that it'd fit my lifestyle much better and it has. Maybe I'm just going through a phase for the moment, but the thoughts are recurring.

I started styling them more as you can see, but the fuzziness is still aqui. I've been getting compliments by strangers everyday. For instance, I was in the mall minding my own business when this young lad called out "Excuse me Miss! I like your hair" I smiled and said "Thank You". I've even inspired some women to get locs themselves and it's been quite fun talking about my loc journey with others.

The routine is still the usual. Been twisting my hair less often now (every 4 weeks). Not sure if i'll be able to free-form considering that I will be looking for new employment after I get my Masters. You know how that goes. It sucks that one has to debate whether or not they should conform to society's norm in regards to rocking natural hair. I really don't understand why locs are such a taboo in the workforce...

Anyhoo, that's it for now. Will be back with 10 months locing update.

0 comments: