8 months loc update

Thursday, March 18, 2010
I did a couple of changes during my 8 months locing stage. I used a new gel this time around called Better Locks. It's okay. Nothing about it fascinates me. It gets the job done.  I also use a new shampoo called Bioluxe (yea it's at CVS). I like it.  It makes my hair soft and shiny. I still use Vitamin E oil capsules in my spritze bottle. It's an utter must for me since my hair tends to get dry, so it keeps it moist throughout the whole day. I also darkened my hair with "henna". The lady at the store told me it was henna, but  I'm pretty sure it was indigo because #1 there's no such thing as black henna, #2 the powder itself wasn't black, it was green that turned into a bluest glaze paste when mixed with water. Whatever I used, may have been indigo that is marketed as "black henna" (I hope).  Anywho, I've always wanted to have the bluest black hair color, and this time I like how it came out. My hair looks violent under the sun and super jet black. I like it a lot. I think this might be a regular routine for me once I figure out if the product I used, was PPD free. So yea 8 months woohoo!
Before Henna or Indigo application











































Henna or Indigo result

















































































































I love it!
Oh another thing, I'm going to semi-freeform at some point whatever that really means. I'm twisting my hair less often.

After my 3 months stage, I started twisting every 3-4 weeks. Now I'm going to twist every 6-8 weeks. At some point, I don't want to retwist at all. When I first started locing, a friend of mine said that and I was kind of disturbed. I couldn't imagine not re-twisting my hair AT ALL. Now, I completely understand what she means. Twisting is a freakin hassle, I don't like interrupting my sistas (yes my locs are my sistas), and I don't like my scalp showing. I prefer the "messy" thick look. Besides, I don't want my hair thinning out anytime soon. The more you twist, the weaker your hair gets.
Freeform fits my personality much better...
Ok that's it for the Hair Talk
Tata!

3 comments:

Jaleesa said...

This looks great so far! When I had locs, I use to go to a shop every month to get my locs re-twisted and I have to attest to how much it weakens the strand. It was habitual for me to lose whole locs at a time from the sensitive side of my hair -- they would just fall out, just like that. Dreads are really about just letting the hair do whatever it wants, after all, so good luck with that!

Tarra Lu said...

Yea same thing happened to a friend of mine. Her locs fell out because of over twisting. I want to keep mine for a very long time so I'm letting them be! Would you ever grow locs again?

Tiffany said...

Your locs look great. My best friend as them down her back. oI have never her say anything about using henna. I'll have to ask.

Tiffany
http://liferequiresmorechocolate.blogspot.com